Length: 1 Day
This course is intended for students who want to learn basic Microsoft Word skills.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have end-user skills with any current version of Windows, including being able to start programs, switch between programs, locate saved files, close programs, and access websites using a web browser.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
- Format text and paragraphs; apply bullets and numbering lists; apply borders and shading to paragraphs.
- Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
- Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
- Create and format tables.
- Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
- Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colours, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
- Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Getting Started with Word
Navigate in Microsoft Word
Create and Save Word Documents
Manage Your Workspace
Preview and Print Documents
Customize the Word Environment
Formatting Text and Paragraphs
Apply Character Formatting
Control Paragraph Layout
Align Text Using Tabs
Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
Apply Borders and Shading
Working More Efficiently
Make Repetitive Edits
Apply Repetitive Formatting
Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Sort a List
Format a List
Insert a Table
Modify a Table
Format a Table
Convert Text to a Table
Inserting Graphic Objects
Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Add Images to a Document
Controlling Page Appearance
Apply a Page Border and Colour
Add Headers and Footers
Control Page Layout
Add a Watermark
Preparing to Publish a Document
Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
Use Research Tools
Save a Document to Other Formats