Length: 2 Days
This course is designed for workplaces that need professional trainers who who can develop and deliver professional and engaging presentations.
This training program provides the groundwork for trainers to begin developing and refining their training and facilitation skills using a variety of methods to deliver the best learning experiences and improve learner engagement and retention. Over time, trainers will develop their practical skills further because of this course.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
By the end of this training course participants will be able to:
• Explain the different attitudes, skills, and knowledge a professional trainer needs to be successful.
• List the roles and responsibilities of a professional trainer.
• Explain the importance of the seven characteristics of outstanding trainers.
• Explain how adults learn.
• Identify the three most common learning styles and select appropriate learning strategies to accommodate each style.
• Use Neuro-linguistic Patterning techniques to engage learners.
• Determine if a performance issue is a genuine training need or not.
• Determine whether to design materials in house or purchase off the shelf materials.
• Write observable performance objectives.
• Identify appropriate training methods.
• Get training sessions off to a good start.
• Use introductions and summaries to reinforce learning.
• Facilitate activities, role plays, and icebreakers.
• Use their body language and voice tone effectively.
• Handle pre-training nervousness.
• Use techniques to get participants back on time from breaks and lunch.
• Identify tough participants and use appropriate techniques to manage them.
• Explain how Gen X and Gen Y Generations prefer to learn.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Participants wanting to develop skills for training staff effectively using diverse abilities and different learning styles.
Module 1: Making the Transition to a Trainer
Attitude, skills and knowledge of a professional trainer
Roles and responsibilities of a professional trainer
Seven characteristics of outstanding trainers
Module 2: Principles of Adult Learning
What is an adult learner?
Diverse learning styles
Use NLP techniques to identify learner styles
Options to actively engage and energize learners
Appealing to different learning styles
Learning considerations for adult learners
Module 3: Training Design and Methods
Is it really a training problem?
Create in-house or purchase?
Module 4: Be a power presenter
Getting off to a good start
The importance of introductions and summaries
How to facilitate more active training
Using your body and your voice
Module 5: Dealing with tough training times
Dealing with nerves
Getting participants back on time
Dealing with tough participants
Dealing with different learner generations
Competitive review game