Length: 2 Days
Successful completion of the Prince2 Practitioner course will help prepare participants for the Prince2 2017 Practitioner exam.
This is an interactive two day course which builds on our Foundation course and prepares you to sit the Practitioner exam included. For this exam you need to show you can apply PRINCE2 to address the needs of a project, the sponsoring organisation and the needs of various stakeholders, to a set of specific project scenarios. No new material is introduced at this level but rather focus is on the application of the framework.
Expect homework and pre-course reading to refresh on the Foundation level material.
This course pricing includes a voucher for the Prince2 Practitioner exam which can be taken via remote proctor.
This class is also available as On-Demand - 6-month subscription.Prince2 Practitioner 6th Edition.
To take the Prince2 2017 Practitioner examination you must provide proof of having passed one of the following:
- PRINCE2 Foundation (this must be a 2009 or 2017 certificate)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Understand the need for project management and how Prince2® meets that requirement in the life cycle of a project
- Understand the Prince2® process model and apply the Prince2® processes
- Design a robust and appropriate project organization
- Apply appropriate controls at different levels and at different points
- Take the Prince2® Practitioner examination paper.
By completing the Practitioner course, participants will have sufficient knowledge to sit the Prince2 2017Practitioner Examination. You will be provided with a voucher to sit the exam with PeopleCert via remote online proctor.
The Prince2 2017 Practitioner Examination is:
- Objective testing
- 68 questions per paper
- 38 marks required (out of 68 available) to pass: approximately 55%
- 2.5 hours (150 minutes) duration, no additional reading time
- Open book exam (official Prince2 2017 manual only)
Students are strongly encouraged to attend the Practitioner course immediately after the Foundation course. This is because the Practitioner exam requires strong current knowledge of the Prince2 2017 book. This knowledge is gained in the Foundation course and therefore is still fresh for assisting with passing the Practitioner exam.