Length: 2 Days
By the end of this course, you should have gained a good understanding and experience of the core competencies that make a successful project manager.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Get started with project management fundamentals.
• Identify organizational influences and project life cycle.
• Work with project management processes.
• Initiate a project.
• Plan a project.
• Plan for project time management.
• Plan project budget, quality, and communications.
• Plan for risk, procurements, and stakeholder management.
• Execute a project.
• Manage project work, scope, schedules, and cost.
• Controlling and closing a project.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone (managers, technical specialists and project team members) who needs a solid foundation in understanding professional project management techniques.
Getting Started with Project Management
• Understanding the components of project management
Project Management and the Organization
• Identifying organizational influences, project stakeholders and governance
• An overview of the project life cycle
Working with Project Management Processes
• Project management processes and knowledge areas
• Identify project information
Initiating a Project
• Develop a project charter
• Identify project stakeholders
Planning a Project
• Develop a project management plan
• Plan scope management
• Collect project requirements
• Define project scope
Planning for Project Time Management
• Plan schedule management
• Define and sequence project activities
• Estimate activity resources and duration
• Develop a project schedule
Planning Project Budget, Quality, and Communications
• Plan project cost management
• Plan quality management
• Plan human resource management
• Plan communications management
• Planning for risk, procurements, and stakeholder management
Plan Risk Management
• Identify risks
• Perform qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
• Plan for risk response
• Plan project procurements
• Plan stakeholder management
Executing a Project
• Direct and manage project work
• Perform quality assurance
• Acquire, develop and manage your project team
• Manage communications
• Conduct procurements
• Manage stakeholder engagement
Managing Project Work, Scope, Schedules, and Cost
• Monitor and control project work
• Perform integrated change control
• Validate project scope
• Control project scope, schedule and costs
Controlling the Project
• Control project quality, communications, project risks, project procurements and stakeholder engagement
Closing a Project
• Close project or phase