Length: 1 Day
Practice using the tools and techniques of formal project management.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Discuss the basic principles of project management.
• Define the project to be managed.
• Plan a project.
• Implement a project management plan.
• Complete a project.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Managers, technical specialists and project team members who need an introduction to professional project management techniques.
Project Management Concepts
• Project Management Basics
• The Project Life Cycle
• Project Parameters
• Project Management Software
• Common Terms and Abbreviations
Defining the Project
• The Origin of Projects
• Getting Underway: Action Items
• Testing Your Preliminary Strategy
Planning the Project
• Planning the Three Project Dimensions
• Planning the Quality Dimension
• Planning the Time Dimension
• Planning the Cost Dimension
• Assigning Responsibility
Implementing the Plan
• The Implementation Phase
• Controlling Work in Progress
• Providing Feedback
• Negotiating for Resources
• Ten Guidelines for Effective Negotiation
• Resolving Differences
Completing the Project
• Bringing the Project to a Successful Conclusion
• Project Management in a Nutshell