Length: 1 Day
Effective minute-taking will enable your business units to solve many problems and complaints associated with running meetings. In the hands of a competent minute-taker, the skills taught in this course will enable managers and staff to effectively action efficiently recorded meeting items.
Are accurate records of key business decisions being recorded? Who were the key decision makers? Does anyone know what happened in the meeting and what decisions were made and carried and ideas discussed and motioned? Are your business units effectively implementing decisions made after the meetings are concluded?
This course will enable you to understand the important role of a minute-taker as well as efficiently recording all the important information discussed in a manner which makes reporting and follow-up fast and easy.
This action packed day will include fun, mock-meetings and activities run by one of our expert minute-taking trainers and is now available throughout New Zealand, including Auckland, Christchurch or Wellington.
This course is delivered in partnership with PD Training.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course participants will be able to:
- Recognise the importance and outcomes of minute-taking
- Identify and record action items during board meetings
- Develop skills in active listening, critical thinking, and organisation
- Understand and customise meeting agreements
- Record three types of minutes, including formal meetings, informal, and action items
- Prepare and publish minutes with perfection
- Take minutes in interactive board meetings
- Write drafts, proofread and organise minutes
- Build and maintain a minute book
- Recognise the outcome of minute-taking for a particular meeting
- Recognise the role of a minute-taker in achieving larger goals of an organisation
- Deal with common complaints and difficulties faced by minute-takers
- Perform the role with expertise using knowledge and skills
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Administrative staff and Executive assistants
- Recording Secretary
- Administrative Assistant
Improve your meeting outcomes with effective minute-taking.
You will also learn advanced styles of minute taking such as colour-coding and suitable methods for minute-taking in informal, formal and action meeting settings.
|Lesson 1 - Minute Taking
||Lesson 2 - Your winning style and how best to communicate with your Manager
|Lesson 3 - Active Listening
||Lesson 4 -
Set up for Success – Plan beforehand
|Lesson 5 -
Determine What’s Important
||Lesson 6 - Minute Taking gone Digital
|Lesson 7 - Formal vs Informal
||Lesson 8 - Reflections