Length: 5 Days
Learn how to demonstrate the concepts covered on the CompTIA Network+ exam (N10-007).
Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specializing in a vendor solution.CompTIA Network+ is the only certification that covers both wired and wireless networks.
A typical student taking this course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
On course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007).
Lesson 1: Network Theory
- Network Types
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Data Transmission Methods
Lesson 2: Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
Lesson 3: Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Implement Wireless Technology
- Internet of Things
Lesson 4: Network Implementations
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
Lesson 5: TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Addressing
Lesson 6: Routing and Switching
- Network Packet Routing
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
Lesson 7: TCP/IP Implementation
- Configure IP Addresses
- Naming Services
- TCP/IP Utilities
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
Lesson 8: Network Security Analysis
- Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security Policies
- Physical Security
- Common Network Attacks
Lesson 9: Network Security Implementation
- Access Control
- Port, Service, and Protocol Security
- Wireless Network Security
- Patches and Updates
- Mitigation Techniques
Lesson 10: WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
Lesson 11: Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Technologies
- Cloud Computing
Lesson 12: Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Network Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
Lesson 13: Network Management
- Monitor Networks
- Document the Network
- Establish Baselines
- Optimize Network Performance
- Ensure Business Continuity
Lesson 14: Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
Appendix A: Taking the Exams
Appendix B: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® Network+® Exam N10-007
Appendix C: Additional Information