Length: 1 Day
CertificationsMicrosoft 365 Certified Fundamentals
Learn how to understand cloud concepts, understand core Microsoft 365 services and concepts, understand security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft and understand Microsoft 365 pricing and support.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
- General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
- Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
Module 1: Understanding Cloud Fundamentals
- Cloud Computing Overview
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Migration to cloud services
Module 2: Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services vs. Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Enterprise Mobility in Microsoft 365
- Collaboration in Microsoft 365
Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365
- Organization security overview
- Identity basics
- Devices and data protection
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
Module 4: Subscriptions and support in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365