Voucher: 5-day voucher
Length: 5 Days
Installing, Deploying, Configuring, Protecting, Supporting and Maintaining Windows 10.
Learners should start this course already having the following skills:
- Basic understanding of computer networks and hardware concepts.
- Basic understanding of OS and Application concepts.
- Experience with using the Windows OS.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare to install Windows 10.
- Install Windows 10.
- Configure Updates for Windows.
- Perform post-installation configuration tasks.
- Configure devices and drivers for Windows.
- Configure storage for Windows.
- Configure network settings in Windows.
- Configure remote management of Windows.
- Configure and manage applications in Windows.
- Configure Internet Explorer.
- Describe the methods for securing Windows 10.
- Configure account access and authentication.
- Configure file and folder permissions.
- Create security policies.
- Describe common threats and methods for mitigating against them.
- Use Windows troubleshooting and monitoring tools.
- Troubleshoot Windows installations.
- Troubleshoot application installation issues.
- Troubleshoot web browser settings.
- Troubleshoot Windows authentication.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues related to Windows machines.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The audience for this course are IT professionals who perform installation, configuration, general local management and maintenance of Windows 10 core services. Candidates may also be familiar with enterprise scenarios and cloud-integrated services.
MD-100T01: Windows 10 Track
Module 1: Installing Windows
This module covers installing the Windows 10 OS. Students will learn the different editions of Windows 10, requirements, and new features introduced. This module covers how to install the OS, as well as methods for migrations and upgrading. Students will also learn about common tools used in the deployment process
- Introducing Windows 10
- Installation Options
- Requirements for Windows Features
- Installation Process and Media
- Upgrading to Windows 10
Module 2: Updating Windows
In this module, Students will learn about keeping Windows 10 up-to-date. Students will be introduced to the new Windows servicing model and how it applies to various scenarios. Students will learn the various different methods for updating Windows and applications, as well as managing updates using tools like group policy and Windows Update for Business.
- Windows Servicing Model
- Updating Windows
- Applying Applications and Windows Updates
Module 3: Post-installation Configuration and Personalization
This module covers common post-installation tasks in Windows 10. Students will learn how to customize the user interface, as well as using the control panel and settings app to configure common OS settings. This course will also introduce students to Windows PowerShell.
- Customize the Windows 10 UI.
- Configure device specific settings such as power plans and mobile device options.
- Use the Windows control panel and setting app to configure settings.
- Describe using Windows PowerShell.
MD-100T02: Configuring Windows 10
Module 1: Configuring Peripherals and Drivers
This module will cover device configuration. Students will learn how device drivers work and how to install them. Students will also be introduced to managing and configuring hardware peripherals such as printers.
- Managing Devices and Drivers
- Managing Printers
Module 2: Configuring Networking
In this module, Students will learn about networking concepts. This module will introduce to IPv4 and IPv6, and concepts like DNS. Students will learn how to configure network settings in Windows, as well as learn about wireless network technologies. The module will conclude with methods of managing Windows remotely.
- Configure IP Network Connectivity
- Implement Name Resolution
- Implement Wireless Network Connectivity
- Remote Access Overview
- Remote Management
Module 3: Configuring Storage
This module covers storage configuration and management in Windows 10. Students will be introduced to local, cloud and virtual storage options. This course will also cover configuring storage on client devices and introduce storage spaces.
- Overview of storage options
- Using OneDrive
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks and Volumes
- Managing Storage Spaces
Module 4: Managing Apps in Windows 10
In this module, Students will be introduced to App management in Windows 10. This module will cover the different types of apps and supported installation methods. Students will learn how to install apps using manual and automated methods, as well as manage app delivery using the Windows Store. Finally, this module will cover the differences between Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Providing Apps to Users
- Managing Universal Windows Apps
- The Windows Store
- Web browsers in Windows 10
MD-100T03: Protecting Windows 10
Module 1: Configuring Authorization & Authentication
This module introduces the tools and features of Windows 10 for authorizing access to Windows 10 clients. Students will learn about methods for how users sign-in to Windows 10. This module also covers restricting what users can or cannot do on a device through methods like UAC and account types.
- Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
- Configuring User Account Control
- Implementing Device Registration
Module 2: Configuring Data Access and Usage
In this module, Students will learn about permissions. This module will cover considerations for different files systems. Students will learn how to configure file and folder permissions as well as shared folders. The module will conclude with configuring settings through methods such as local and group policy.
- Overview of File Systems
- Configuring and Managing File Access
- Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
- Managing Security with Policies
Module 3: Configuring Advanced Management Tools
This module introduces students to protecting devices from external threats. Students will learn about the different types of common threats. This module will teach students about using encryption, firewalls, and IPSec to help protect against threats. The module will conclude with how to configure and use Windows Defender and AppLocker
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
MD-100T04: Maintaining Windows 10
Module 1: Supporting the Windows 10 Environment
This module will cover the Windows 10 architecture and common environments. Students will be introduced to the various tools used in maintaining Windows. This module will also discuss methodologies for effectively troubleshooting issues and how to proactively manage and optimize Windows 10
- Troubleshooting Windows
- Troubleshooting Tools
Module 2: Troubleshooting the Windows OS
In this module, Students will learn how to troubleshoot startup and service issues related to the operating system. This module will teach the different startup and recovery options, and how to troubleshoot different Windows services.
- Troubleshooting Windows Startup
- Troubleshooting Operating System Service Issues
- Troubleshooting Sign-In Issues
Module 3: Troubleshooting Files & Applications
This module helps students plan for file backup and recovery. Students will learn how to plan and configure data protection strategies and how to perform various file and system recovery methods. This module also includes common methods for troubleshooting application installation issues, compatibility issues, and resolving browser issues.
- File Recovery in Windows 10
- Application Troubleshooting
Module 4: Troubleshooting Hardware and Drivers
This module introduces hardware troubleshooting. Students will learn about driver management and how to troubleshoot devices. Students will also learn steps for troubleshooting system hardware and external peripherals such as USB drives and printers, including diagnostic methods and remediation.
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures