Length: 0.5 Day
Protect your patients’ health information. Comply with the Health Information Privacy Code 1994. Improve the way you collect, use and store your clients’ health information.
This half day course provides an effective overview of issues relating to health information. Find out how to improve the collection, use, storage and transmission of your clients health information.
This course now includes key changes from the Privacy Act 2020 coming into effect Dec 2020
Delivered in partnership with KiwiBoss.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
• Key concepts under the Privacy Act 1993
• Practical compliance with the Health Information Privacy Code
• Consider Health Information Privacy Principles
• Deal with access and correction of health information
• Identify effective storage and security of privacy information
• Consider disclosure of health information
• Dealing with mental health issues
• Dealing with information on access for children
• How to deal with tricky requests for access and correction of health information
• The role of the Privacy Officer
• How to deal with complaints
• Case studies on privacy issues
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This interactive and practical course is aimed at providing clinicians, health practitioners, health care workers, and administrative staff with practical guidance to privacy issues.