Length: 1 Day
If you have staff responsibilities, this will be your guide to employment law compliance in New Zealand. Find out how to lawfully employ staff from hiring through to termination.
This course provides a comprehensive overview of employment laws in New Zealand. Reduce the risk of personal grievances and employment relationship problems. Get greater confidence in managing staff, from hiring through to termination.
Keep current on employment law, and have your questions answered.
Delivered in partnership with KiwiBoss.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Identify different types of employment relationships and agreements
- Hiring new staff lawfully
- Consider employee rights and legal action
- Minimum wages and wage deductions
- Summary of entitlements under the Holidays Act 2003
- Explore workplace policies for your business
- Comply with Human Rights and Privacy law in employment
- Managing misconduct and disciplinary issues
- Termination of employment
- Dealing with employment relationship problems and personal grievances
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for managers and administrators with HR responsibilities who want to know how to comply with employment law from hiring through to termination. The course is also useful for those in their first 5 years of HR practice, or wanting a refresher course on employment law.