Length: 2 Days
If you have HR responsibilities, this is your essential guide to lawfully managing people. Learn how to effectively recruit and train staff, manage performance, and terminate employment.
This practical course sets out the key components of Human Resources within employment law in New Zealand. Become more confident in dealing with common staffing issues.
Find out how to effectively recruit and select staff. Discover how to on-board staff for greater retention. Learn techniques that will help you deal with non-performance. Pay staff fairly and equitably.
This course covers the essential requirements of recruitment, induction, training, performance management, pay, and termination of employment.
Delivered in partnership with KiwiBoss.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Apply current New Zealand employment legislation
- Consider recruitment and selection options for the right fit
- How to lawfully recruit and select staff for your organisation
- Develop job documentation, including job descriptions for your organisation
- Discuss the most important aspects of induction
- Practise structured interviewing techniques
- Practise giving effective feedback on staff performance
- Consider the basics of disciplinary procedure
- Find out how to develop staff for retention and motivation
- Apply principles of workplace learning to develop effective training
- Develop fair and equitable pay and reward schemes
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for those new to HR or non-HR specialists, including business owners, administrators, recruiters and people managers with HR responsibilities. The course will also appeal to experienced HR assistants who wish to update knowledge around legislation and practical skills.