Length: 3 Days
CertificationsITIL Foundation Certification - IT Service Management
Learn about ITIL® 4 which is built on the established core of best practice in the ITIL guidance, and earn the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management in three days!
Whats the difference between ITIL v3 and ITIL 4? In a nutshell, ITIL v3 describes Service Management around 26 processes and functions that are part of a continuous process of 5 life cycles: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement. All of the v3 body of knowledge is still very worthwhile and relevant!
ITIL 4 takes you through a more evolved view of a Service Value System (SVS), which provides a holistic end-to-end picture of what it really means to contribute to business value, and also integrates concepts from models such as Lean IT, Agile and DevOps.
When it comes to ITIL and IT Service Management, Pink continues to stand out after 25 years and 4 versions of ITIL, were still the one everyone looks to first.
Over the years, NO OTHER organization has been as deeply entrenched and influential in ITIL as Pink. Having played many major and key roles in the development of ITIL over the years and now the new ITIL 4 Foundation certification course, were extremely passionate and excited about the new release! Look no further than Pink Elephant for your ITIL 4 training and certification.
This class is also available as On-Demand - 6-month subscription.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, however it is assumed that course participants are working or have worked in an IT environment or equivalent.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
At the end of this course, attendees will have an understanding of the following:
- High level overview of ITIL v3’s 5-step Lifecycle model and how the current 26 processes and functions map to the new ITIL 4 model
- The seven Guiding Principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL’s new Service Value Chain
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- The 34 ITIL practices, with a focus on 18 of these
- Key concepts from Lean IT, Agile, DevOps, and Organisational Change Management, and why these are important to deliver business value
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The ITIL 4 Foundation course is for those in the IT and business domains who wish to take first steps in service management. This course and the related certification can be beneficial for the following roles:
- IT Managers
- Support Team Leaders
- Technical Support staff
- Service Owners
- Project Managers
- Vendor Managers
- Service Desk Supervisors
- Process Owners
- Change Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Problem Managers
- Operations Managers
- IT Consultants
- IT Developers
- Service Providers
- System Integrators
- Managers who interact between the business and IT
We can also deliver this training course for your team – saving you time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 0800 835 835.
If you would like to sit the exam only you may purchase here.
Introduction to the core concepts of ITIL 4
Key definitions and terminology of the ITIL 4 model
Structure and benefits of ITIL 4
The ITIL Certification path
Service Management: Key Concepts
- Value and Value Co-Creation
- Value: Service, Products, and Resources
- Service Relationships
- Value: Outcomes, Costs, and Risks
The Guiding Principles
- The Seven Guiding Principles
- Applying the Guiding Principles
The Four Dimensions of Service Management
- Organisations and People
- Information and Technology
- Partners and Suppliers
- Value Streams and Processes
- External Factors and Pestle Model
- Service Value System
Overview of Service Value System
Overview of the Service Value Chain
- Introduction to Continual Improvement
- The Continual Improvement Model
- Relationship between Continual Improvement and Guiding Principles
Overview of ITIL Practices
- Purpose of ITIL Practices
- The Continual Improvement Practice
- The Change Control Practice
- The Incident Management Practice
- The Problem Management Practice
- The Service Request Management Practice
- The Service Desk Practice
- The Service Level Management Practice
Exam, Certification & Awards
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is administered by our independent examination body, PeopleCert. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. The exam is included in the class.
FREE 12-MONTH ITSMF MEMBERSHIP!
We're delighted to offer a FREE 12-month itSMF membership valued at $135 with every ITIL 4 course booking.
If you're not already an itSMF member and would like to find out more, check out the member benefits page here: http://www.itsmf.org.nz/membership-benefits.html