Length: 3 Days
This course prepares you for the exam leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management.
Learn about the standard for IT Service Management (ITSM) and earn an internationally recognised ITIL Foundation Certificate in 3 days.
The ITIL Foundation course is specifically designed for anyone working in IT wanting to gain knowledge in IT Service Management best practice. Our ITIL training teaches the foundations of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and helps you to understand how your organisation can benefit significantly by applying the ITIL principles to your work environment.
This class is also available as On-Demand - 6-month subscription.
Auldhouse is the Authorised Delivery Partner for Pink Elephant.
There are no mandatory prerequisites, however it is recommended that you read through the ITIL Foundation syllabus prior to the start of the course. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
The course is designed as an introduction to ITIL and enables you to understand how an integrated ITSM framework can be utilized to achieve IT business integration, cost reductions and increased productivity. The agenda includes:
- What is ITIL; its strategic and operational benefits; and an overview of ITIL’s certification program
- ITIL’s key concepts, definitions and objectives
- ITIL’s “service-driven lifecycle” approach, and the structure, components and processes and functions of the five core ITIL books. For each of the five core books and the related processes and functions, the course provides:
- A high level description of the main activities, goals and benefits
- Process interrelationships and interdependencies, what “process integration” and “business integration” really mean
- Key metrics and management reporting
Exam, Certification & Awards
- This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Foundation Certificate In IT Service Management. A 60-minute, 40 question, multiple-choice exam is scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body. For online courses, the exam may be scheduled and completed online. A passing mark of 65% is required to receive your certificate. A sample exam is delivered during the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam
- 2 ITIL credits
- You will attain 18 professional development units ( PDUs) for Project Managers
- You will attain 1.8 Continuing Education Units
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
ITIL Foundation is suitable for anyone working in IT services requiring more information about the ITIL best practice framework.