Length: 1 Day
Learn how to create advanced formulas and analyse data.
To ensure your success in this course, it is recommended that you have completed Microsoft Excel - The Essentials or possess equivalent knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Freeze panes and split a worksheet; open and arrange a new window with the current worksheet content; hide and unhide data; set print titles and page breaks to optimise print output; insert different even and odd headers; manage multiple worksheets; link worksheets by using 3-D formulas; add a Watch window; create and manage links between workbooks.
• Apply special and custom number formats; control the display of zero values; apply and modify themes; merge and split cells; change the orientation of data in cells; transpose data; use Paste Special operations, and add a background colour and a watermark.
• Create an outline and consolidate data; create custom views to save different sets of worksheet display and print settings; create subtotals in a list; use multiple subtotal functions Define and apply cell and range names; use names in formulas; and define and apply 3-D names.
• Sort and filter data; create, format, and name a table, and add rows and columns; use structured references.
• Save and publish a worksheet as a Web page; insert and edit hyperlinks; publish a worksheet; and send a worksheet as an e-mail attachment.
• Use auditing features; add comments to cells and workbooks; protect a worksheet or part of a worksheet; protect the workbook structure; share, merge, and track changes in a workbook; find and remove hidden and personal data in a workbook; and mark a workbook as final.
• Change Excel default application settings and customise the ribbon; create and modify templates.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Those wanting to build on existing excel skills.
Managing workbooks and worksheets
• Viewing large worksheets
• Printing large worksheets
• Working with multiple worksheets
• Linking worksheets with 3-D formulas
• Using multiple workbooks
• Linking workbooks
• Using special number formats
• Working with themes
• Other advanced formatting
• Unit summary: Advanced formatting
• Outlining and subtotals
• Outlining and consolidating data
• Creating subtotals
Cell and range names
• Creating, using and managing names
Data structure and tables
• Sorting and filtering data
• Working with tables
Web and sharing features
• Saving workbooks as Web pages
• Using hyperlinks
• Sharing workbooks
Documenting and auditing
• Auditing features
• Comments in cells and workbooks
• Workgroup collaboration
Templates and settings
• Changing application settings
• Working with templates