Length: 4 Days
Gain knowledge and experience to demonstrate your understanding of the relationship between an information security program and broader business goals and objectives as you prepare for the Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) certification.
This class will run virtually from Australia, note timings will be 11am-7pm NZT.
The uniquely management-focused CISM certification promotes international security practices and recognises the individual who manages, designs, oversees and assesses an enterprises information security.
This course is an intensive, four-day review program designed to prepare professionals for the Certified Information Security Manager exam.
Please note: The exam is not included in the course fee but can be purchased separately.
Auldhouse is an ISACA® Accredited Partner.
It is recommended that you have 3-5 years of information security experience.
To earn the CISM certification, students must meet the following requirements:
- Pass the CISM Exam
- Submit verified evidence of a minimum of five years of information security work experience, with a minimum of three years of information security management work experience in three or more of the job practice analysis areas. If a candidate does not have the required work experience, this may still be gained within the 10-year period preceding the application date for certification or within five years from the date of originally passing the exam.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
This course will help you prepare for the CISM certification and will give you in-depth knowledge of the four domains required to prepare for the CISM certification.
Each domain is defined and detailed through task and knowledge statements. For more information on the key domains, subtopics and tasks, see the CISM certification page.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This credential is geared towards Information Security managers and those who have information security management responsibilities.
- Senior Executives
- IT Managers
- Information Security Professionals
- IT Software System and Application Developers
- IT Auditors
We can also deliver and customise this training course for larger groups – saving your organisation time, money and resources. For more information, please contact us on 0800 835 835.
Domain 1: Information Security Governance
- affirms the expertise to establish and/or maintain an information security governance framework (and supporting processes) to ensure that the information security strategy is aligned with organisational goals and objectives
- confirms your ability to develop and oversee an information security governance framework to guide activities that support the information security strategy
Domain 2: Information Risk Management
- proficiency in this key realm denotes advanced ability to manage information risk to an acceptable level, in accordance with organisational risk appetite, while facilitating the attainment of organisational goals and objectives
- demonstrates expertise in classifying information assets to ensure measures taken to protect those assets are proportional to their business value
Domain 3: Information Security Program Development and Management
- establishes ability to develop and maintain an information security program that identifies, manages and protects the organisation’s assets while aligning with business goals
- attests to the ability to ensure the information security program adds value while supporting operational objectives of other business functions such as human resources, accounting, procurement, IT, etc
Domain 4: Information Security Incident Management
- validates capacity to plan, establish and manage detection, investigation, response and recovery from information security incidents in order to minimise business impact
- establishes your skills in accurately classifying and categorising information security incidents and developing plans to ensure timely and effective response