Length: 3 Days
CertificationsAgile Scrum Master
Learn, understand, and execute on the three overarching principles behind Scrum: iterative development, self-management, and visibility.
These changing pressures demand a new approach to development, project management approaches and require skilled professionals who understand how to adopt, apply and scale Agile practices. Scrum, the most popular Agile methodology is a framework for developing and sustaining complex products through releases and sprints to productively and creatively enhance product value.
The Scrum Master role is a unique blend of leader, coach, project manager and team captain requiring specific skills and capabilities. This practical 3-day certification course provides students with the critical knowledge and skills needed by professionals whose role it is to facilitate and enable Agile teams and lead Agile transformations. A key factor that makes this course unique is that it goes beyond the concepts of managing the Scrum process to providing students with direction on how to overcome resistance and to manage the organizational change required to A.D.A.P.T. Agile.
Build AwarenessDevelop DesireDevelop AbilityPromote Agile approachesTransfer Agile into the rest of the organization
This course is designed to provide the knowledge, practice and validation of these critical skills
Knowledge of Scrum terminology is recommended.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
The course is designed as an intermediate level introduction to the core topics associated with the role of an Agile Scrum Master. Specifically, by the end of this course, participants will understand:
- Concepts of Agile and Scrum including the “Agile way of thinking”
- Applying Agile to other frameworks such as IT Service Management
- Managing, coaching and mediating cross-functional teams
- The Scrum Master relationship to other key roles such as the Product Owner and the Development Team
- Detailed Scrum Planning, Monitoring and Control
- Backlog Management
- Release and Sprint planning
- User Story Estimation techniques
- Monitoring of Scrum projects including Burn-down charts, Kanban boards
- Advanced Scrum concepts including applying and scaling Scrum in large, complex projects and within distributed teams
- Agile tooling and workspace management
- Leading Agile adoption and transformation projects
This course prepares participants for the examination leading to the Agile Scrum Master Certificate, granted by EXIN.
- Exam is offered through EXIN in paper-based or computer-based format
- Exam is 90 minutes, closed book
- The exam consists of 40 multiple choice questions
- A passing score of 65% is required to achieve certification
- 21 PDUs are awarded
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is applicable to anyone working in the fields of IT and project management particularly those leading projects and development efforts and sponsors looking to understand and introduce an Agile culture.