Length: 2 Days
A Scrum Master certification demonstrates a deep understanding of Scrum best practices and provides a level of expertise that goes beyond a typical team leader or project manager.
This two-day course will cover all aspects of the Scrum framework through a variety of focused practical information related specifically to the Scrum Master.
The role of Scrum Master is crucial to ensuring a proper Scrum process is maintained throughout a project. A Scrum Master certification demonstrates a deep understanding of Scrum best practices and provides a level of expertise that goes beyond a typical team leader or project manager.
You will gain the must-have skills to become a certified Scrum Master through our unique combination of storytelling, and practical learning based on the real-life challenges that Scrum Masters face. The course is designed at an intermediate level, supplying the knowledge and core activities associated with the Agile Scrum Master role.
The exam is included on the last day.
There are no prerequisites for this course, though a basic understanding of Agile and Scrum is recommended. We recommend the Agile Scrum Essentials class.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will understand:
- The true extent of what it means to think and act in an Agile way
- The mastery of the Scrum framework centered around the integration of roles, events, and Scrum artifacts, including and supporting the product backlog and sprint backlog
- The many soft skills necessary for the Scrum Master, such as servant leadership, facilitation, coaching and mentoring, problem solving, and removing impediments
- The key skills related to visual management for increasing transparency, inspection, and adaptation for success with your projects
- The importance of team dynamics, self-organizing, team building, and virtual teams
- The most important skills for successful Scrum Masters that are applied through different Scrum events from initial planning to the final retrospective
- The crucial strategies for scaling Scrum projects with multiple teams and complex products
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is applicable to anyone working in the fields of IT and project management, particularly those leading projects and development efforts, as well as sponsors looking to understand and introduce an Agile culture.
Job titles include:
- Project Managers
- Business Analysts
- Product Managers
- Product Owners
- UX or UI Designers
- Software Developers
- Software Engineers
- Quality Assurance Professionals
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
- One-hour, closed book
- Consists of 40 multiple-choice questions (a passing score of 70% – 28 correct answers – is required)