Length: 2 Days
Learn fundamental principles and concepts of both Agile and Scrum.
This 2-day course provides the essential knowledge needed by IT professionals in Agile methodologies and Scrum practices. It focuses on the fundamental principles and concepts of both Agile and Scrum. This course will prepare you for the exam leading to the Agile Scrum Essentials certification.
To stay competitive today, more than ever, businesses must be flexible, keep costs low, and delivery cycles short. Companies that have successfully adopted Agile Scrum processes have reaped the benefits of decreased costs, reduced risk, and the encouragement of innovation within the organization. Agile offers a flexible, iterative project-management style that promotes continuous improvement and increased product quality. Scrum, which is a lightweight framework and the most popular Agile methodology, provides guidelines and other tools to help teams structure and manage their work. Together, these processes ensure the effective and efficient management of projects.
The Agile Scrum Essentials course has been designed from the ground up, based on customer feedback, to provide you with everything you need to start applying the Agile Scrum approach to your projects.
The exam is included on the last day.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will understand:
- The definition and purpose of Agile
- The three pillars of Scrum: inspection, adaptation, and transparency
- The five Scrum values: commitment, focus, openness, respect, and courage
- The accountabilities of effective Scrum Masters, product owners, and developers
- The purposes of different events, artifacts, and rules in Scrum
- How multilevel planning can help your team develop long-term goals and create more realistic strategies to achieve those goals
- How to identify the attributes of the product backlog and understand how it can evolve as your product and environment changes
- The purpose and steps involved in Scrum events such as product backlog refinement, sprint planning, execution, daily Scrum, review, and retrospective
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is applicable to any IT professionals with a need to understand how to achieve and maintain a highly effective approach to project management.
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
- One-hour, closed book
- Consists of 40 multiple-choice questions (a passing score of 65% is required)
- After completion of this course, you may apply for self-directed learning PDUs through PMI. Certificate of attendance is available upon request.