Length: 1 Day
Learn advanced functionality in Microsoft Visio.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have attended the Visio - The Essentials class or have the ability to create basic workflows and other common diagram types in Visio.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Enhance the look of drawings.
• Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
• Connect drawings to external data.
• Leverage development tools.
• Share drawings.
• Use diagram standards.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
In Microsoft Visio - The Essentials, you learnt the basic skills needed to create and modify various Visio drawings. In Microsoft Visio - Advanced, you will learn about more advanced features-making you a more efficient and effective Visio user.
Lesson 1: Designing Advanced Plans and Diagrams
• Create a Microsoft Account and Log in to Visio
• Build Advanced Plans
• Build Advanced Diagrams
Lesson 2: Enhancing the Look of Drawings
• Use 3-D Shapes
• Work with Shape Styles
• Define Shape Styles
• Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
Lesson 3: Working with Custom Shapes, Stencils, and Templates
• Create Simple Custom Shapes
• Create Custom Stencils
• Create Custom Templates
Lesson 4: Connecting Drawings to External Data
• Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
• Generate a Pivot Diagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
• Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
• Create a Timeline from a Project File
• Connect a Map to an Access Database
Lesson 5: Leveraging Development Tools
• Create Macros
• Modify ShapeSheets
• Build Advanced Shapes
Lesson 6: Sharing Drawings
• Save and Share Drawings with OneDrive
• Review Drawings
• Insert Drawings into Other Office Files
• Export Drawings
• Print Drawings