Length: 1 Day
Learn how to create visually engaging diagrams, maps and drawings.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this course, you will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams. You will:
• Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
• Create a workflow diagram.
• Build organization charts.
• Design a floor plan.
• Build a cross-functional flowchart.
• Design a network diagram.
• Style a diagram.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for people who are new to Visio and who will be using Microsoft Visio to create basic workflows and perform end-to-end flowcharting.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio
• Perform Basic Tasks in the Visio Environment
• Use Backstage Commands
• Save a File
Lesson 2: Working with Workflow Diagram Tools
• Use Drawing Components
• Modify a Drawing
• Insert Callouts and Groups
Lesson 3: Building Organization Charts
• Create an Organization Chart Manually
• Create Organization Charts by Using Starter Diagrams and the Organization Chart Wizard
• Modify an Organization Chart
Lesson 4: Designing a Floor Plan
• Make a Basic Floor Plan
• Model a Room Layout
Lesson 5: Building a Cross-Functional Flowchart
• Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
• Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Lesson 6: Designing a Network Diagram
• Create Network Diagrams
• Use Shape Data
• Use Layers
Lesson 7: Styling a Diagram
• Modify Shape and Connector Styles
• Apply Themes and Variants
• Use Containers