Length: 1 Day
This course covers the critical knowledge and skills a project manager needs to create a project plan with Project during the planning phase of a project. In other words, if your supervisor assigns you to lead a project, this course will enable you to draft a project plan with Project and share it with your supervisor (and others) for review and approval
To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skill.
You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 10
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
•Identify project management concepts and navigate the Project environment.
• Create and define a new project plan.
• Create and organize tasks.
• Manage resources in a project plan.
• Finalize a project plan
Getting Started with Microsoft Project
- Identify Project Management Concepts
- Navigate the Microsoft Project Environment
Defining a Project
- Create a New Project Plan
- Define a Project
- Assign a Project Calendar
Creating and Organising Tasks
- Add Tasks to a Project Plan
- Import Tasks From Other Programs
- Create a Work Breakdown Structure
- Define Task Relationships
- Schedule Tasks
Managing Project Plan Resources
- Add Resources to a Project Plan
- Create a Resource Calendar
- Enter Costs for Resources
- Assign Resources to Tasks
- Resolve Resource Conflicts
Finalising a Project Plan
- Optimize a Project Plan
- Set a Baseline
- Share a Project Plan