Length: 3 Days
In this Python training course, students already familiar with Python programming will learn advanced Python techniques.
This advanced Python course is taught using Python 3; however, differences between Python 2 and Python 3 are noted.
Experience in the following is required for this Python class:
- Basic Python programming experience. In particular, you should be very comfortable with:
- Working with strings.
- Working with lists, tuples and dictionaries.
- Loops and conditionals.
- Writing your own functions.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Python class:
- Some exposure to HTML, XML, JSON, and SQL.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Learn to work with the Collections module.
- Learn about mapping and filtering and lambda functions.
- Learn advanced sorting.
- Learn to work with regular expressions in Python.
- Learn to work with databases, CSV files, JSON, and XML.
- Learn to write object-oriented code in Python.
- Learn to test and debug your Python code.
- Learn about Unicode and text encoding.
• Getting Started with IPython Notebook
• Creating Your First IPython Notebook
• IPython Notebook Modes
• Useful Shortcut Keys
• Magic Commands
• Getting Help
Advanced Python Concepts
• Advanced List Comprehensions
• Collections Module
• Mapping and Filtering
• Lambda Functions
• Advanced Sorting
• Unpacking Sequences in Function Calls
• Modules and Packages
• Regular Expression Syntax
• Python's Handling of Regular Expressions
Working with Data
• Getting Data from the Web
Classes and Objects
• Creating Classes
• Attributes, Methods and Properties
• Extending Classes
• Documenting Classes
• Static, Class, Abstract Methods
Testing and Debugging
• Creating Simulations
• Testing for Performance
• The unittest Module
Unicode and Encoding
• Encoding and Decoding Files in Python
• Converting a File from cp1252 to UTF-8