Voucher: 3-day voucher
Length: 2 Days
Our most popular Power BI class! Gain a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI.
The main purpose of the course is to give students a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI. The course includes creating visualizations, the Power BI Service, and the Power BI Mobile App.
This class is retiring in March 2021 and will be replaced by class DA-100.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A need to analyse data.
- An understanding of relational databases.
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications - particularly Excel.
- An understanding of Excel PivotTables and vlookups.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
Introduces business intelligence (BI) and how to self-serve with BI.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- Introduction to data analysis
- Introduction to data visualization
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations for self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
This module introduces Power BI desktop, and explores the features that enable the rapid creation and publication of sophisticated data visualizations.
- Power BI
- The Power BI service
Module 3: Power BI
At the end of this module students will be able to explain the rationale and advantages of using Power BI.
- Using Excel as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI data model
- Using databases as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI service
Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
With Power BI desktop you can shape and combine data with powerful, buil-in tools. This module introduces the tools that are available for preparing your data, and transforming it into a form ready for reporting.
- Power BI desktop queries
- Shaping data
- Combining data
Module 5: Modelling data
This module describes how to shape and enhance data.
- DAX queries
- Calculations and measures
Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
This module describes how to create and manage interactive data visualizations.
- Creating Power BI reports
- Managing a Power BI solution
Module 7: Direct Connectivity
This module describes various connectivity options using Power BI.
- Cloud data
- Connecting to analysis services
Module 8: Developer API
This module describes the developer API within Power BI.
- The developer API
- Custom visuals
Module 9: Power BI mobile app
This module describes the Power BI mobile app.
- Using the Power BI mobile app
- Power BI embedded
This class helps prepare the student for Exam 70-778 which forms part of the MCSA: BI Reporting certification.
NOTE: exam 70-778 will retire 31 Jan 2021 and will be replaced by DA100.