Voucher: 3-day voucher
Length: 2 Days
CertificationsMCSA: BI Reporting
Our most popular Power BI class! Gain a good understanding of data analysis with Power BI.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A need to analyse data.
- An understanding of relational databases.
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications - particularly Excel.
- An understanding of Excel PivotTables and vlookups.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Perform Power BI desktop data transformation.
- Describe Power BI desktop modelling.
- Create a Power BI desktop visualization.
- Implement the Power BI service.
- Describe how to connect to Excel data.
- Describe how to collaborate with Power BI data.
- Connect directly to data stores.
- Describe the Power BI developer API.
- Describe the Power BI mobile app.
Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
Introduces business intelligence (BI) and how to self-serve with BI.
- Introduction to business intelligence
- Introduction to data analysis
- Introduction to data visualization
- Overview of self-service BI
- Considerations for self-service BI
- Microsoft tools for self-service BI
Module 2: Introducing Power BI
This module introduces Power BI desktop, and explores the features that enable the rapid creation and publication of sophisticated data visualizations.
- Power BI
- The Power BI service
Module 3: Power BI
At the end of this module students will be able to explain the rationale and advantages of using Power BI.
- Using Excel as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI data model
- Using databases as a data source for Power BI
- The Power BI service
Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
With Power BI desktop you can shape and combine data with powerful, buil-in tools. This module introduces the tools that are available for preparing your data, and transforming it into a form ready for reporting.
- Power BI desktop queries
- Shaping data
- Combining data
Module 5: Modelling data
This module describes how to shape and enhance data.
- DAX queries
- Calculations and measures
Module 6: Interactive Data Visualizations
This module describes how to create and manage interactive data visualizations.
- Creating Power BI reports
- Managing a Power BI solution
Module 7: Direct Connectivity
This module describes various connectivity options using Power BI.
- Cloud data
- Connecting to analysis services
Module 8: Developer API
This module describes the developer API within Power BI.
- The developer API
- Custom visuals
Module 9: Power BI mobile app
This module describes the Power BI mobile app.
- Using the Power BI mobile app
- Power BI embedded
This class helps prepare the student for Exam 70-778 which forms part of the MCSA: BI Reporting certification.