Voucher: 5-day voucher
Length: 5 Days
CertificationsMCSA: SQL 2016 Database Development
Learn to design and develop a Microsoft SQL Server 2016 database.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
- Working knowledge of relational databases.
- Querying Data with Transact-SQL (20761)
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Design and implement tables.
- Advanced table designs.
- Ensure data integrity through constraints.
- Indexes, including optimized and column store indexes.
- Design and implement views.
- Design and implement stored procedures.
- Design and implement user-defined functions.
- Respond to data manipulation using triggers.
- Design and implement in-memory tables.
- Implement managed code in SQL Server.
- Store and query XML data.
- Work with spatial data.
- Store and query BLOBs and text documents.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The primary audience for this course is IT Professionals who want to become skilled on SQL Server product features and technologies for implementing a database.
The secondary audiences for this course are individuals who are developers from other product platforms looking to become skilled in the implementation of a SQL Server database.
1. Introduction to Database Development
- Introduction to the SQL Server Platform
- SQL Server Database Development Tasks
2. Designing and Implementing Tables
- Designing Tables
- Data Types
- Working with Schemas
- Creating and Altering Tables
3. Advanced Table Designs
- Partitioning Data
- Compressing Data
- Temporal Tables
4. Ensuring Data Integrity through Constraints
- Enforcing Data Integrity
- Implementing Domain Integrity
- Implementing Entity and Referential Integrity
5. Introduction to Indexes
- Core Indexing Concepts
- Data Types and Indexes
- Heaps, Clustered, and Nonclustered Indexes
- Single Column and Composite Indexes
6. Designing Optimized Index Strategies
- Index Strategies
- Managing Indexes
- Execution Plans ###li
- Query Store
7. Columnstore Indexes
- Introduction to Columnstore Indexes
- Creating Columnstore Indexes
- Working Columnstore Indexes
8. Designing and Implementing Views
- Introduction to Views
- Creating and Managing Views
- Performance Considerations for Views
9. Designing and Implementing Stored Procedures
- Introduction to Stored Procedures
- Working with Stored Procedures
- Implementing Parameterized Stored Procedures
- Controlling Execution Context
10. Designing and Implementing User-Defined Functions
- Overview of Functions
- Designing and Implementing Scalar Functions
- Designing and Implementing Table-Valued Functions
- Alternatives to Functions
11. Responding to Data Manipulation via Triggers
- Designing DML Triggers
- Implementing DML Triggers
- Advanced Trigger Concepts
12. Using In-Memory Tables
- In-Memory Tables
- Native Stored Procedures
13. Implementing Managed Code in SQL Server
- Introduction to CLR Integration in SQL Server
- Implementing and Publishing CLR Assemblies
14. Storing and Querying XML Data in SQL Server
- XML and XML Schemas
- Storing XML Data and Schemas in SQL Server
- Implementing the XML Data Type
- Using the T-SQL FOR XML Statement
- Getting Started with xQuery
- Shredding XML
15. Storing and Querying Spatial Data in SQL Server
- Introduction to Spatial Data
- Working with SQL Server Spatial Data Types
- Using Spatial Data in Applications
16. Storing and Querying BLOBs and Text Documents in SQL Server
- Considerations for BLOB Data
- Working with FileStream
- Using Full-Text Search
17. Performance and Monitoring
- Concurrency and Transactions
- Locking Internals
18. Performance and Monitoring
- Extended Events
- Working with extended Events
- Live Query Statistics
- Optimize Database File Configuration