PRINCE2®, the world’s most practiced and recognised project management method, provides the essentials for managing any project of any size or complexity.
What is PRINCE2®
PRINCE2® (Projects In Controlled Environments) is a process-based method that provides the essentials for project management. The method is widely used internationally and is the de-facto project management standard for public projects in the UK.
It is a generic best practice tool that can be tailored to the needs of any organisation and can be used for the management of projects of any type and scale.
Who is PRINCE2® for?
• Existing project managers or professionals wishing to become project managers
• Key personnel involved in project design, development and delivery
• Effective communication - the method is widely recognised and understood, providing a common vocabulary for all those involved in a project
• Explicit recognition of project responsibilities - participants understand each other's roles and needs and there is a defined structure for accountability, delegation, authority and communication
• Compatibility with other qualifications – PRINCE2 provides the technical structure of the framework for the project, which will complement the softer skills learnt on other qualifications
• Adaptable to business and project needs – PRINCE2 is applicable to all types of projects of any size/type/sector and can be tailored to meet organisation or industry-specific requirements.
• It is a best practice, so you select a proven solution
PRINCE2 Certification levels
The PRINCE2® qualification comprises different levels of certification:
PRINCE2® Foundation, 6th edition
The PRINCE2 Foundation Level provides an introduction to the PRINCE2 methodology and terms.
With PRINCE2 Foundation you get an introduction to the PRINCE2 method. It is designed to provide you with sufficient knowledge and understanding, to the PRINCE2 method well enough to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation certification is also a prerequisite for the Practitioner certification.
Who is PRINCE2 Foundation for:
The PRINCE2® Foundation Certification is suitable for individuals who want to demonstrate they have sufficient understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology and can work effectively as part of a team or with a project management team within a PRINCE2 supporting environment.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate is also a pre-requisite for individuals wishing to achieve the PRINCE2 Practitioner or the PRINCE2 Agile® certification.
PRINCE2® Practitioner, 6th edition
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Level provides sufficient knowledge and understanding in order to apply and tailor the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
With PRINCE2® Practitioner you get sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2® method. This certification is suitable for anyone managing projects, either as part of a formal project management function or a role in which project management is an essential part of day-to-day work. PRINCE2® Practitioner certification provides a confirmation that you have sufficient knowledge and understanding to apply and tailor the method in a range of different project environments and scenarios.
Holder of PRINCE2© Practitioner, 6th edition are required to be re-registered within 3 years from their original certification.
Who is PRINCE2 Practitioner for:
The PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification is suitable for individuals who want to demonstrate they have achieved sufficient understanding of how to apply and tailor the PRINCE2® methodology in a scenario situation